10 February 2016

january's five











five favorite frames from the month of january, idea totally stolen (with permission, natch) from my friend xanthe.

we ate a lot of monkey bread last month, folks. we drank a lot of coffee, a lot of tea, sometimes while sitting at old wooden tables in cute coffee houses. we watched ezra play a lot of basketball. a lot. of basketball. incidentally, I have watched a lot of basketball in my life. but that's another story for another time.

unbelievably, on the last day of january, it was warm enough for the first official backyard cookout of the year. but it was super cold before that weirdo january heat wave, cold enough to dig out all the old coats, which is when ava discovered the vintage leopard print coat I bought for myself back in 1998 at the 26th street fleamarket in new york. it looks better on her than it ever, ever did on me. 28 year-old andrea would never say it out loud but she would probably not be too happy about that. but 45 year-old andrea is pretty happy about it. because 45 year-old andrea sees the world with entirely different eyes now, including the month of january. which, really, is nothing short of miraculous.

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Lovely pictures... And now I'm hungry for monkey bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Images :)

    Making me think how much I have been inside the whole of January and how few photos I have taken, except boring mundane biz stuff on my phone :(

    Definitely time to go out and take some fun images, thanks for the inspiration :)

    That is a beautiful coat :)

    Happy Wednesday, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so wonderful! I just knew you would tell this 5 frame story so well :)

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have needed monkey bread recipe since senior year of high school when not-quite-boyfriend's parents served it up for breakfast. spill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give me your email address and I'll send you the recipe! xo

      Delete